Please note: All information below is subject to change. Please refer to the US State Department and Chinese Consulate websites (linked below) for the most up-to-date information.
|DS-11 (Must Appear In Person; Can Be Done at Local Post Office)||
|DS-82 (Mail In)||
*Please visit: https://travel.state.gov to get more specific information regarding passports.
- Please submit your application to Chinese Embassy/ Consulate General based on your state of residence. Maryland residents should use the Washington, DC consulate:
The Visa Office of the Chinese Embassy
Office (Mailing) Address
2201 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Suite 110, Washington, DC 20007
Automatic Voice System: (202) 338 – 6688
Service Hotline: (202) 337 – 1956
Fax: (202) 588 – 9760
Please visit their website for more information:
You may submit your application in person or use an agent (Power of Attorney not necessary). Please note that you may be required to come to the Visa Office in person to have an interview as deemed necessary by a consular officer.
- Appointment is NOT required for submission or collection of your visa. Walk-in service is available during office hours.
- Please note that NO mail-in/online/fax applications are accepted.
- You or your agent will be able to pick up your passport with visa on the date printed on your Pick-up slip, unless otherwise notified by the Visa Office. Mail-back visa service is NOT provided.
- You must pay the visa fee once your application is processed and approved.
Regular service: 4 business days
Express service: 2-3 business days
Rush service: 1 business day. Available only in extreme emergencies and subject to approval by the consular officer.
Note: The above processing times are average and for reference only. Some applications may require longer processing time that a pick-up date cannot be confirmed until notified by the Visa Office.
- Regular Service
|Number of Entries||U.S. Citizen|
|Multiple Entries for 6 Months||$140|
|Multiple Entries for 12 Months or more (recommended)||$140|
- Express service: an additional fee of $25 per visa
- Rush service: an additional fee of $37 per visa
- You must pay your visa fee upon collection of your visa.
- Acceptable methods of payment are: credit card (Visa or Mastercard only), money order, cashier’s check or company check.
- Please make your check or money order payable to “Chinese Embassy” (for applications submitted to the Embassy), or to “Chinese Consulate in XXX”(for applications submitted to the Consulate General in XXX city)
- Please make sure you have the exact and correct amount written on your check/money order. No erroneous check will be accepted.
- Cash, personal check or online payment is NOT accepted. NO credit card other than a Visa or Mastercard is accepted.